Buying a New Instrument – AIP Scheme
Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme
If you are looking to purchase your own instrument, then you might want to take advantage of the Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme available through Gwent Music and in conjunction with HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs) who have authorised us to offer this scheme.
This scheme is only available to those pupils who:-
- Attend a Local Education Authority School.
- Require an instrument for their studies.
- Receive tuition from a Gwent Music Teacher.
- And will continue for a minimum of one year following the instrument purchase.
- Instruments have to be purchased through an approved Newport City Council supplier.
- Most portable instruments (not pianos or drum kits) are covered by this scheme.
Under the scheme, Gwent Music will purchase the instrument on your behalf so that you do not have to pay the VAT (a saving of 16.66%). We also benefit from discounted prices from our regular suppliers so it can be quite a saving on the purchase of your new instrument.
To take advantage of this scheme, you will need to:
- Complete and sign an Assisted Instrument Purchase form and also get it signed by the pupil’s tutor to confirm that the pupil fulfills all of the above criteria.
- The tutor will then recommend a make or model of the instrument you are going to purchase.
- Once you have this information, you can ring or email Gwent Music for a quotation on the most up to date price. This can take a day or two while we contact our suppliers for the most competitive price.
- When you have decided which quotation you are going to accept, payment can be made on line via our web site: Click here for payment link.
- The signed Assisted Instrument Purchase form needs to be returned to Gwent Music.
- The instrument is normally delivered to Gwent Music headquarters for your collection although we can arrange for you to collect it directly from the suppliers providing we have a fully completed form and payment has been made.
- It is also possible to visit suppliers who are aware of this scheme and try out different instruments in their shop before placing an order through us.
To download an Assisted Instrument Purchase form, please Click Here.
Tel: 01633 210800
Email: Click Here