South Monmouthshire Music Centre – Caldicot
Here at South Monmouthshire Music Centre we run weekly music sessions within term time with experienced and enthusiastic team of Gwent Music dedicated tutors.
Please scroll down for latest news and concert details.
- Junior Wind band, Junior Strings, Guitar Ensemble.
- Our Wednesday groups cater for the following players: Woodwind and Brass from beginners to grades 3. String players from beginners to grade 3. Guitar players from beginner to advanced. Percussion: beginner to grade 3.
- Woodwind, brass, or string player above grade 4? We cater for these players monthly on a Friday evening with combined Monmouthshire ensembles. Please see website for further details.
WHERE, HOW AND WHAT TO BRING
- Wednesdays at 16:45-18:45pm
- Caldicot Comprehensive school, Mill Lane, Caldicot, NP26 5XA
- Bring your instrument and we will provide the music.
- A small amount of money for the tuck shop in the break.
- Try a free taster session, come along and introduce yourself to a member of staff and we will guide you.
- £36 per term membership fee. Register online via parent portal. Sibling discount available. Multi group discount available.
- A safe environment with all our tutors DBS checked.
SEPT 19TH 26TH
OCT 3RD 10TH 17TH 24TH
NOV 7TH 14TH 21ST 28TH
JAN 9TH 16TH 23RD 30TH
FEB 6TH 13TH
MAR 13TH 20TH 27TH
APR 3RD 10TH
MAY 1ST 8TH 15TH
JUNE 5TH 12TH 19TH
UPCOMING EVENTS AND LATEST NEWS
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR MEMBERS OF OUR SENIOR GROUPS (GRADE 4+)
It is our great pleasure to announce that the Monmouthshire Senior Winds and Monmouthshire Senior Strings will begin their monthly rehearsals on Friday 12th October.
These groups will consist of members of both North and South Mon Senior groups, as previously combined for last year’s performance at the Monmouthshire Showcase concert.
The rehearsal will take place at Chepstow Comprehensive School from 5pm to 7pm. We are hopeful that we will be able to provide transport from Abergavenny and Monmouth if enough members are interested, so please let us know if you require a place on the bus.
Subsequent rehearsals will alternate between Chepstow and Monmouth on a monthly basis with a charge of £18 per term.
Monmouth – 16th November
Chepstow – 14th December
Monmouth – 18th January
Chepstow – 8th February
Monmouth – 8th March
We look forward to having you join us for this exciting opportunity.
The charges for next academic year are detailed below including multi activity and sibling discount. We would also welcome payers setting up a standing order to spread the cost of payments for lessons and activities. Those receiving free school meals are still eligible to apply for funding.
|1 Group||2 Groups||3 Groups||4 + Groups|
Click here to see more dates and information, or click on the message icon below to talk to someone at the South Monmouthshire Music Center.